Since the previous product development update, we have shipped the first version of the online store and already improving it with new functionalities. Furthermore, the inventory and booking calendar that was mentioned last time is now public. But what else have we achieved during the past month?
Deployed new features
Enhancing the multi-channel rental management functionalities
Our online store is now up and running and the first live stores are already in action with shops such as Lapland Safaris and Äkäslompolo Sportshop. Since the launch of the online store, we have been focusing on enhancing the essential functionalities that multiple sales channels requires.
- Possibility to make products available only on certain sales channel. For some products which have smaller inventory capacity or require specific expertise to use, you might want to make them available only for in-store rentals or phone/email reservations.
- Possibility to define how much in advance online reservations must be made. During the peak hours when there might be queue of customers in store, some "smarter" individuals might figure out they are able to bypass the queue by making an online reservation outside the store. This kind of behaviour would likely have a negative effect on the experience of the customers who are waiting for their turn in the queue. To prevent this, it is possible to make online reservations available only if booked in advance.
- Possibility to set maintenance time for products. After the rental ends, the products are rarely immediately ready for the next customer. To make sure every customer gets a well maintained product that is clean and works properly, you might want to add a maintenance time for each product, which blocks the availability for the chosen time period after the rental.
Coming soon: possibility to define maximum availability for each sales channel.
Inventory and booking calendar
The calendar view gives you complete picture of your products out on rent and the upcoming reservations. It helps you to schedule rentals more accurately and follow the movements of your products even on unit level.
The calendar enables observing reservations and filtering the view by product or product catogory. 🗓
UI improvement to give faster overview of the inventory availability
The small update visualises the availability of products in the main view.
Green = Availability over 50%, Yellow = Availability under 50%, Red = Out of stock. 🚦
More flexible opening hours
In addition to the basic opens at nine and closes at five rhythm, we are now supporting exception times on a daily and periodical level. This adds freedom how rental shops can determine opening hours for example during public holidays and on- and off-season. Especially for rental shops that are renting out products online, setting opening hours is relevant, because based on those customers are able to make reservations through the online store.
- Support for "out of office" times in the middle of the day
- In addition to 24-hour rental periods, allowing shops to determine daily rentals within the opening hours
Possibility to add multiple users for one account and manage user roles
Earlier it was possible to have only one login credential per Rentle account. This approach turned out to be quite inconvenient. From now on, the admins of Rentle accounts are able to send invitations to their colleagues via email, making it possible to sign in with individual login credentials. There's no limitation to the maximum number of seats per Rentle account.
Coming soon: possibility to assign different roles and mandates for users.